Poll Worker Information
Presiding Judge & Clerk Notice
El Paso County is looking for Presiding Judges & Clerks. As explained below, these positions are temporary and available only during an election cycle.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Qualifying the voter;
- Assisting voters with voting process;
- Assisting and/or managing the opening and closing of the election polls;
- Be available to work on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m.
To be qualified, at a minimum you must:
- Be 18 years or older and a registered voter for El Paso County;
- Be fluent in Spanish and English (for bilingual clerks);
- Not hold an elected office nor be an employee of an elected official;
- Presiding Judge only: May not appoint relatives within the third degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity as Election Clerks;
- Be able to take direction well and not be easily distracted;
- Enjoy interactions with people;
- Have dependable transportation to the election polls;
- Be able to lift and carry at least 30 lbs. and stand for long periods of time;
- Be able to report to assigned poll by 6:00 a.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m.;
- Be available 12-14 hours on Election Day, or as directed by the authority conducting the election;
- Be available to work different lengths of time and at different hours during the election cycle.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in working a non-partisan election please contact our office:
El Paso County Elections Department
500 E. San Antonio Ave., Suite 314
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone: (915) 546-2154
If you are interested in working a partisan election as a Democrat please contact:
El Paso County Democratic Party
1401 E. Montana Ave., Suite C
El Paso, Texas 79902
Phone: (915) 239-3077
If you are interested in working a partisan election as a Republican please contact:
El Paso County Republican Party
120 Paragon Lane, Suite 215
El Paso, Texas 79912
Phone: (915) 842-8255
Qualifying Voters on Election Day–Handbook for Election Judges and Clerks
Disclosure: This notice is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this notice, nor in any prior or subsequent written or oral statement, creates a contract of employment or any rights in the nature of a guaranteed assignment. These positions are not permanent or full time; they are available only during the election cycle. Employment will be only on a as-needed basis, and a position will not be assured until confirmation of an assignment including where and when you will report by an Elections Department representative.